This workshop will help local businesses update and improve their information where customers search for them the most: Google.
In this workshop you and your fellow businesses will:
– Learn how to put more information about your businesses into Google
– Get your companies verified for Google searches
– Add information such as location and hours of operation
– Add photos to enhance the listing
– Have access to a one-year free website and domain name from Google partner StartLogic
Without a local business listing on a search engine, small businesses are missing out on potential customers which means a lot of our small businesses are missing out on sales. In addition, businesses that have complete business information online are TWICE as likely to be considered reputable by consumers.
Pre-registration is required and the first 50 to register will receive a free dinner. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is sponsored by the Small Business Development Center, Morningside College’s Entrepreneurship Group, in addition to Google, Jimmy John’s, and Iowa’s West Coast Initiative.